“Unstable Nature” (English edition of “Natura Instabile”) is a popular science journey through the concept of instability in physics, accessibly written for a lay audience. It features interdisciplinary excursions through different scientific disciplines, history of science, literature and philosophy, and it includes some of the author personal research experiences too. It is published by CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group) with a preface by Prof. Stefano Trillo.
“Natura Instabile” è un libro divulgativo, scritto senza tecnicismi, che esplora il concetto d’instabilità in fisica anche in relazione ad altre discipline – come la chimica, la biologia, e la fotonica -, a concetti filosofici e letterari e alle mie esperienze di ricerca. “Natura Instabile” è pubblicato da Aguaplano Libri con prefazione del Professor Stefano Trillo.
Here is the list of my key scientific publications in journals, in chronological order starting from the most recent years (see also my googlescholar page):
- F.Prati, A.M. Perego, S. Barland, and G.J. De Valcarcel, “Mode-locking of lasers”, Photoniques 122, 70-75 (2023).
- T. Bunel, Z. Ziani, M. Conforti, J. Lumeau, A. Moreau, A. Fernandez, O. Llopis, G. Bourcier, A. M. Perego, and A. Mussot, “Impact of pump pulse duration on modulation instability Kerr frequency combs in fiber Fabry–Pérot resonators,” Opt. Lett. 48, 5955-5958 (2023).
- S. Negrini, J. B. Ceppe, M. Conforti, A. M. Perego, A. Kudlinski, and A. Mussot, “Coexistence of gain-through-filtering and parametric instability in a fiber ring cavity,” Opt. Express 31, 37011-37018 (2023).
- V. Ribeiro, M. Shi and A. M. Perego, “Impact of Dispersion Fluctuations in a Coupled Dual-Core Fiber Optical Parametric Amplifier”, Journal of Lightwave Technologies 41, 6235-6243 (2023).
- M. Shi, V. Ribeiro and A.M. Perego, “Parametric amplification based on intermodal four-wave mixing between different supermodes in coupled-core fibers,” Opt. Express 31, 9760-9768 (2023).
- M. Shi, V. Ribeiro and A.M. Perego, “On the resilience of dual-waveguide parametric amplifiers to pump power and phase fluctuations”, Applied Physics Letters 122, 101102 (2023).
- M. Shi, V. Ribeiro and A.M. Perego, “Parametric amplification in coupled nonlinear waveguides: The role of coupling dispersion”, Frontiers in Photonics 4, 10 (2023).
- Thomas Bunel, Matteo Conforti, Zoheir Ziani, Julien Lumeau, Antonin Moreau, Arnaud Fernandez, Olivier Llopis, Julien Roul, Auro M. Perego, Kenneth K. Y. Wong, and Arnaud Mussot, “Observation of modulation instability Kerr frequency combs in a fiber Fabry–Pérot resonator,” Opt. Lett. 48, 275-278 (2023).
- A.M. Perego, “Synchronization and amplification enabled by diversity in nonlinear optical systems and the analogy with converse symmetry breaking for coupled oscillators”, Physical Review A 106, L031505 (2022).
- A.M. Perego, F. Bessin, and A. Mussot, “Complexity of modulation instability”, Physical Review Research 4, L022057 (2022).
- V. Ribeiro and A.M. Perego, “Parametric amplification in lossy nonlinear waveguides with spatially dependent coupling”, Optics Express 30, 17614 (2022).
- A.M. Perego, A. Mussot and M. Conforti, “Theory of filter-induced modulation instability in driven passive optical resonators”, Physical Review A 103 , 013522 (2021).
- A. M. Perego, “Exact superregular breather solutions to the generalized nonlinear Schrödinger equation with nonhomogeneous coefficients and dissipative effects”, Optics Letters 45, 3913-3916 (2020).
- T. G. Seidel, A. M. Perego, J. Javaloyes and S. V. Gurevich, “Discrete light bullets in passively mode-locked semiconductor lasers”, Chaos 30, 063102 (2020).
- A. M. Perego, B. Garbin, F. Gustave, S. Barland, F. Prati and G. J. de Valcárcel, “Coherent master equation for laser modelocking”, Nature Communications 11, 311 (2020).
- F. Bessin, A. M. Perego, K. Staliunas, S. K. Turitsyn, A. Kudlinski, M. Conforti and A. Mussot, “Gain through filtering enables tuneable optical frequency comb generation in passive optical resonators”, Nature Communications 10, 4489 (2019).
- M. Lamperti and A.M. Perego, “Collective dynamics of evanescently coupled excitable lasers with saturable absorber”, The European Physical Journal B 92, 117 (2019).
- A.M. Perego, “All-optical pulse bursts generation from a nonlinear amplifying loop mirror”, Optics Letters 44, 1734 (2019).
- M. Yasin, … and A.M Perego, “Fiber bundle sensor for detection of formaldehyde concentration in fish”, Optical Fiber Technology 52, 101984 (2019).
- A. M. Perego, S.K. Turitsyn and K. Staliunas, “Gain through losses in nonlinear optics”, Light: Science and Applications 7, 43 (2018).
- S. Gaiarin, A. M. Perego, E. P. da Silva, F. Da Ros and D. Zibar “Dual-polarization nonlinear Fourier-transform-based optical communication system ”, Optica 5, 263 (2018).
- A. M. Perego, S. V. Smirnov, K. Staliunas, D. V. Churkin and S. Wabnitz. “Self-induced Faraday instability lasers”, Physical Review Letters 120, 213902 (2018). [Open Access]
- A. M. Perego, “High-repetition-rate, multi-pulse all-normal-dispersion fiber laser”, Optics Letters 42, 3574-3577 (2017).
- S. Kumar, A. M. Perego and K. Staliunas, “Linear and nonlinear bullets of the Bogoliubov-De Gennes excitations”, Physical Review Letters 118, 044103 (2017). [Open Access]
- M. Lamperti and A. M. Perego, “Disorder-induced localization of excitability in an array of coupled lasers”, Physical Review A Rapid Communications 96, 041803(R) (2017).
- A. M. Perego, N. Tarasov, D. V. Churkin, S. K. Turitsyn and K. Staliunas, “Pattern Generation by Dissipative Parametric Instability”, Physical Review Letters 116, 028701 (2016). [Open Access]
- N. Tarasov, A. M. Perego, D. V. Churkin, K. Staliunas and S. K. Turitsyn, “Mode-locking via dissipative Faraday instability”, Nature Communications 7, 12441 (2016).
- A. M. Perego and M. Lamperti, “Collective excitability, synchronization, and array-enhanced coherence resonance in a population of lasers with a saturable absorber”, Physical Review A 94, 033839 (2016).